Csaba/Jester wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 5:51 PM, Michael Smith wrote:
> > Is it possible in Flightgear to chat on mutliplayer though frequencies?
> >
> > Gijs and Natovr found this line in preferences.xml under the mutliplay
> > section:
> > type="string">118500000
> > but they changed the line and they still could see others messages. Is
> > this suppost to work or is it something there for a futute feature or what?
>
> It doesn't check for frequency match AFAICT, but seems to be pretty
> easy to add to multiplayer.nas.
> Might be advisable to change default comm frequency to some magic
> number meaning "all frequencies". Not realistic, I know. So maybe
> GUARD? And display a simulated ATC warning about that, directing
> pilots to switch to a proper frequency.

When I originally wrote the MP chat, I had quite a lot of difficulty doing the
frequency matching between the sender and receiver, possibly because I was
doing a float comparison, or because the property is transfered as a float, or
because the radio frequency was a float.

I'm sure it would be pretty easy to sort out, but I never returned to it. If
anyone wants to take a look, they are more than welcome.

-Stuart