On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 2:18 PM, dave perry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The 3D cloud appearance is much improved.  Thanks to all involved!
> Several questions and comments.
> 1.  At night, the emmissive seems very very bright.
> 2.  Are you intending that the 3D cloud base should match the lowest
> level in the current METAR?  I just flew with a KDSM METAR using "real
> weather fetch"
> (current METAR copied from ADDS:* KDSM 081954Z 10007KT 10SM BKN130
> OVC160 01/M03 A2964 RMK AO2 SLP047 T00111033.  * )
>
> This gives a broken layer at 13000 ft AGL but the 3D clouds started at
> 2000 AGL.
> 3.  When I took off, the outside view showed the clouds flickering.

I wonder if there is some sort of floating point resolution / rounding
problem with the sort?  I see a lot of flickering myself.  Also if I look
some particular direction and the clouds get sorted ok, then look away for
even a second, and then look back (by changing the view direction) the
clouds seem to have totally lost their previous correct sort and need to be
sorted again ... but that doesn't happen until the clouds come back in
view.  I'm not sure what the sort criteria is, but it seems strange that the
sort order would get messed up in a brief second of not having a particular
set of clouds in view.

Regards,

Curt.
--