John Denker wrote:

> I've always thought the 200-ft business was a weird optimization,
> especially since other properties such as gear-extension-norm
> are recomputed at frame rate at all altitudes.  And that is
> the solution for retractable-gear airplanes:  forget about wow
> and just look at gear-extension-norm.  I just hope the latter
> never gets "optimized" into never-never land.

Hi, John, (and happy new year),

This is interesting. Well, the 200 ft. idea was set up, of course, to avoid
the intensive gear computations when they were not necessary. As
all-too-often happens when one tries to make a seemingly innocuous
optimization without fully testing it, there are side effects. Thanks for
finding this one. I've taken out the altitude check and put in more logic
that sets the WOW flag as needed. I think it should cure the problem you
pointed out.

It should be in CVS momentarily. I've been working on this since very late
last year. ;-)

(it's 12:10 a.m. January 1st.)

Jon