I noticed a change too after updating yesterday ....
I tried several times to fly online around KSFO , and after 10 - 15 minutes
, I came to a stop midair while the hard drive thrashed away  ... I finally
had to kill X to get back some control over my system ...
It definately wasn't like this before the update ...  I only have 512 megs
of memory , and my dockapp shows Im pretty much at the limit with FG

So my question is , how could I track this down? I've never used any
debugging tools . Looks like a good time to try , just not sure which . (on
Linux)
Cheers