Mathias wrote

> Hi,
>
> On Monday 23 March 2009 13:14:49 gerard robin wrote:
> > When we start FG with a JSBSim aircraft on a moving carrier the
> groundcache
> > is right, the Aircraft behaviour is right as long as we don't leave the
> > deck.
> >
> > That nice groundcache feature definitively vanish  when we leave the
> > Carrier, even if we come back on it.
> >
> > We get the same error when taking off from an Airport , we get to land
> on
> > Carrier, the groundcache on Carrier is not right.
> >
> > To conclude ONLY the first FG  init of the groundcache ( on Carrier ) is
> > right.
> >
> > It was not to oblige you to land on Carrier with a JSBSim Aircraft  :)
> > Mainly because there not any within CVS ( was the F8 which is now
> broken)
>
> Hmm, I have now tried with the default cessna.
> Due to the low approach speed this works well.
> Starting at the Nimitz and landing there. Applying brakes brings the
> cessna to
> rest wrt the carrier. So no problem.
> Resetting flightgear several times with the cessna on the carriers deck,
> applying brakes, works well.
> Starting at KSFO and landing on the carrier, applying brakes makes the
> cessna
> stick on the moving carrier. So again no problem.
>
> Can you confirm that the cessna works for you too?
> Does the F-8 Still not work?
> Really current cvs? Also simgear?
>
> You told about resetting the simulation?
> What are the exact conditions when that problem happens?
>
> May by I will need your F-8 and may be training hours to land on the
> carrier
> with that bird :)

I've been testing the carrier stuff with YASim. It usually works, but a
occasionally the deck isn't solid, and the ac falls right through on
landing. This bug is intermittent: I have been unable to reproduce it
reliably, or identify the conditions under which it occurs. Only twice in 20
or so landings.

The old bug persists with the launchbar - when you take off from the carrier
and return the launchbar sometimes re-engages itself without the need for
the L key to be operated. Perhaps that's a feature not a bug. Wait ... I had
a hand in that code ... I'll look at it.

I might get time later to download Gerard's F8 and try to reproduce his
reported bug.

Vivian