* Frederic Bouvier -- Wednesday 20 May 2009:
> So if you really want to hit the floor and not the top of objects you can
> iterate with different starting height until the second member is not nil ?

Well, yes. Maybe use binary search for that. But that's still a waste of
cycles if you really need the terrain altitude at some coordinates right
away. I wouldn't oppose to an implementation for that, but I wonder
if/when you actually ever need that. To measure an object altitude?

What would be nice is an interface for intersections along a given vector
other than straight down. Then one could ask for visibility in a particular
direction or open/closed doors etc.

m.