Yes , I'm one of the culprits , and it's not a lack of foresight ,I've done
it for a reason. MP is not my biggest concern , I did these aircraft for my
own purposes , not entirely with gamers in mind ... but Im glad some like
them all the same.
These aircraft use one fuselage model now , with gear and other aircraft
specific options selected depending on type or name, with cockpit and
internals separated to be selected within a certain distance.So there IS no
dhc2floats or dhc2wheels.
It can be set so the model is visible with older versions ,by adding another
animation xml file with those names and adding the neccesary ac model bits
,but in my opinion adds more garbage to the folder.

I,ve been updating the dhc-2 for more realistic behavior, (sorry gamers);),
so it's nearly ready for another commit, and I can add the old versions ,
but there's also the option of adding these to the AI/Aircraft .Any idea on
which option we should take from the rest of the modellers ?

(My problem with that is you end up with two aircraft to maintain, and I
tend to forget about the AI version).

The specific "culprits" today are Syd Adams (dhc2, for sure and dhc6 also, I