On Fri, 4 Sep 2009, Behlül UÇAR wrote:

Hi,

I want to ask a question regarding to the authorization problems on
input/output operations.

How can we have the value of $FG_ROOT and $FG_HOME in Nasal scripts. Is it
possible? Is there a globally defined macro for them?

I want to write a Nasal function that creates a file under $FG_ROOT, I want
it to be portable, I mean both works on windows and linux machines. For this
reason, I have to use a macro like $FG_ROOT, is it possible?

IIRC the values of $FG_ROOT and $FG_HOME are available as properties (below sim/ ?). I think that by default you can only write files with certain extensions to $FG_HOME and nothing at all to $FG_ROOT.
FlightGear's internal access rules for Nasal scripts are defined in
$FG_ROOT/Nasal/IOrules but of course the file system permissions
must also permit the action you want to do.

Cheers,

Anders
Anders Gidenstam
WWW: http://www.gidenstam.org/FlightGear/