On 09/20/09 08:52, Torsten Dreyer wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> I just fixed what appeared to me as a bug:
> mixing altitude_ft and altitude_m and wrong sign when computing temperature
> at
> sea level from temperature at altitude.
> Can you check and confirm that this is correct and reflects your original
> intention?

I'm not in a position to check it at the moment.

I'm happy to take your word for it.  If the fix
looks right to you, go for it.

My code adheres to the convention that says the
lapse is a positive number in the troposphere.
Note the minus sign:

        d(temp)/d(height) = - lambda

The opposite convention is encountered often enough
to cause all sorts of confusion.