Hi all,

With increasing numbers of models in our scenery I also notice more and more
issues with perfomance.
And though I have a quite descent computer - well, at least I hadn't any
problems using MSFS X-demo, which is know as the flight sim with the worst
perfomance....

I'm not the only one, a user in the forum has similar problems:
http://www.flightgear.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5745&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15#p46520

Usually I really have no problems with fps: 40-60 without frameratethrottle,
enabled shaders and 3d-clouds in KSFO and using CVS 09/13/2009, but when I
reach Paris, Berlin or the last EDDP-scenery I got serious problems with
fps....Falling down to 20-10 doesn't keep my flying there....

On the other side I don't have any troubles using helijah's Freeware-scenery of
Corsica which is really dense and complex....

I did some experiments and it seems to me that it is not the numbers of
vertices, faces and polygons- but the amount of xml's which has to be loaded.
This means: one xml with an object with a big number of vertices and faces
gives a much better perfomance than splitted in several objects and all each
loaded in seperate xml's with the same number of vertices and faces.

I'm pretty aware of that Martin and Jon can't upload combined models in one
object and I understands this very well, but in a not far time I see troubles
using our sceneries...

Any help, changes, improvements in sight?
Is this already an issue for some of us? Or it is only me seeing this problems?

Kind regards
HHS

still in work: http://www.hoerbird.net/galerie.html
But already done: http://www.hoerbird.net/reisen.html