Hi,

I just got an interesting Mail from one of the scenery managers, and he guesses
that the animations inside the xmls are the problem.
So just using ac's should increase perfomance.

So here a test with the latest scenery in EDDP available on TeraSync:(Terrasync
after fetching disabled)

With xml:
Using c172P 3d-panel; disabled 3d-clouds, disabled Random objects, disabled
shaders, Framerate-Throttle 30fps:

26L: 31 fps
Same positions looking to the village: 31fps

26R: 31 fps
Same positions looking to the village: 31fps

08R: 26-27fps
Same positions looking to the village: 26-28fps

08L: 30fps
Same positions looking to the village: 29fps

Quite good!

Using Bo105 flying over the village disabled 3d-clouds, disabled Random
objects, disabled shaders, Framerate-Throttle 30fps:

300ft AGL view direction 270degrees: 31fps
300ft AGL view direction 100 degrees (village south of the tower, the other
village with buildings in sight): 17-25fps

100ft view direction 270degrees: AGL 27-30 fps
100ft AGL view direction 100 degrees (village south of the tower, the other
village with buildings in sight): 25fps

O.k. but on older computers or/and more buildings an problem - see Paris, and
not the latest eye candies!

Now without xml, just plain ac's.

Only minor impact noticable when landing inside the village south of the tower,
the other village with buildings in sight: 28- 30fps
All others test cases are totally stable, no impacts noticable!

I only changed the models inside the airport, and only the shared models of the
village, all lines were too much. ( I still had to change several hundred lines
)

Conclusion:

So it seems that indeed are the animations which causes this big impact.
Range animation seems pretty needless, but at least we want so see nightlighted
Buildings, so what to do?

I uploaded the modified .stg-files for EDDP, place it and backup the old ones
in Objects/e010n50/e012n51

www.hoerbird.net/3154776.stg
www.hoerbird.net/3154777.stg

Hope this all might help