Hi,

On Thursday 08 October 2009 17:29:21 James Turner wrote:
> Related to the new route-manager: I could very easily define a string
> property which contains a plain text summary of the filed flight-plan.
> What is the magic required to expose that string (which be 200 or 400
> bytes, I guess, depending on how many waypoints are in the route) over
> MP, so that the ATC 'aircraft' could see them?
>
> Is there an 'event' channel in MP, to deal with properties which
> change infrequently? (Compared to position/velocity/surface positions/
> etc)

No, the current implementation just dumps all.
If you want to do that in a reliable way with a minimum of transferred data
you will need a bunch of changes to the protocol and the server.

The easiest way would be to have some fields not updated on each cycle but just
update only about every few seconds. Make sure that you add some randomness to
the count that we avoid bursts to the communication of those values.

Greetings

Mathias