On Friday 29 January 2010 10:27:24 Erik Hofman wrote:

> Like your comments indeed.
> If it really sucked then others would have complained already, and most
> likely it would have been fixed by now.

Please don't take offense by his offensive choice of words and do not dismiss
his valid points because of that: compared with what I'm used to on my KDE
desktop the widgets in FlightGear really are very basic and I've experienced
the same frustration as Pete did.

If it were possible to switch to Qt for widgets that would be a massive
improvement in my eyes. We would go from "most basics work" to "top of the
line".

The question is: is it even possible to use Qt widgets in a GL application?
The next one most probably: would there be any drawbacks?

Stefan