I don't know about dynamic positioning of instruments, but I would
find it interesting to have an easy method of selecting alternate
instruments for the same position. For example, I have several
attitude indicator variations that could be used based on period or
pilot/owner preference. This would have application in aircraft like
the Grumman Goose, which spans many decades of instrument development.

It would be interesting to have a menu of instrument choices that I
could then be saved with other user preferencess. Other than including
the different instruments in the same xml/model package, which is
clearly not the goal, I don't know how to do this, especially without
burdening the system by loading instrument resources that are not
used. Currently to do this I write up a little how-to for pulling in a
different instrument in the relevant xml, but many folks don't read
those details and perhaps miss the configuration possibilities. It
would be great to offer an easier more dynamic scheme.

-Gary