> Hi All,
>
> I would just like to drop a note here, announcing that FSWeekend, the
>  largest flight simulation event in Europe is coming up again. As in
>  previous years, the event will be organized in the Aviodrome, the aviation
>  museum at Lelystad (EHLE) airport, in the Netherlands. This year, the
>  event will be held on Saturday 6, and Sunday November 7. Last week, I
>  signed us up for having a booth again, and have already received
>  confirmation that we're welcome. Last year we had one of the larger
>  booths, and a pretty good show. I certainly hope to be able to improve
>  upon that one.
>
> In addition to FSWeekend, a number of people, most notably Willie Flemming,
> have coined the idea of organizing a developer meeting / conference to
> coincide with FSWeekend. I am supportive of that idea, but unfortunatly
>  lack the resources to assist in organizing such an event. However,
>  speaking from past experience I do know that such meetings are typically a
>  lot of fun, and I would most definitely welcome anybody who would like to
>  join or participate in such an event.
>
> In any case, if you happen to be around and have some time available,
>  please stop by for a quick chat with one of our booth staff members,  and
>  share your FlightGear experience with us.
>
> Hope to see you all in large numbers! :-)
>
> Cheers,
> Durk
I am very proud to announce that German hardware vendor Thomas-Krenn AG has
sponsored a workstation to help us present the latest and cooles features of
FlightGear at this year's FSWeekend. The machine specs are, well, insane:

dual Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5690  @ 3.47GHz, total of 24 cores
12GB RAM
four nvidia GTX460 with 2GB RAM each.
enough harddrive space, sound, DVD, etc., etc.

http://www.t3r.de/flightpics/ThomasKrenn-workstation1.jpg
http://www.t3r.de/flightpics/ThomasKrenn-workstation2.jpg
http://www.t3r.de/flightpics/ThomasKrenn-workstation3.jpg
(how many DVI adaptors do you count? Yes, eight!)

We met the nice guys of Thomas-Krenn AG at this year's LinuxTag where we were
almost booth neighbours. Durk, Martin and I visited the their headquarter a
few weeks ago. We received a very warm welcome and had the oppertunity to
visit the entire company.

If you are in the need for professional server- or workstation hardware, you
might want to consider visiting http://www.thomas-krenn.com/ and support our
supporters.

If you were still looking for an excuse to fly into Amsterdam and visit
FSWeekend, this machine definitely is one!

Cheers, Torsten