Thorsten

... snip ...

> Vivian wrote:
>
> > If I might interject here, I would draw your attention to the KC135.
>
> I looked it up and it got a 3 - seems to be reasonable, even given your
> description (it shouldn't get zero because it actually flies - it
> shouldn't get 1 because it has usuable gauges, thus maybe it really (=
> according to a more involved set of criteria) should be a 2.
>
> So, funnily enough, the rating did produce a reasonable number, even given
> the additional info which I could not have known (and indeed did not know
> before). Your point being?

My point is your rating was based on an assumption that was totally
incorrect: that the developer had made a reasonable effort to put the right
gauges and levers in the right place. Do you make a similar assumption about
the FDM? That it is approximately right? Is there much value in such a
rating? Which brings me back to my original assessment - your rating system
is a subjective view of how things look, and perhaps feel, (aka beauty
contest) not an objective assessment of the accuracy of all aspects of a
model.

It is quite possible that a developer could give you a more accurate
assessment of his model - he knows where the bodies are buried. Others are
proposing this if I read their comments correctly. But I think you seek an
independent view.

I hope a better system will evolve from this debate. I think there is a need
with 300+ aircraft a varying quality in our inventory.

Vivian