---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: henri orange <hohora...@gmail.com>
Date: 2010/12/1
Subject: Re: [Flightgear-devel] Aircraft model/cockpit rating
To: FlightGear developers discussions <
flightgear-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>

Le mercredi 01 décembre 2010 14:06:11, thorsten.i.r...@jyu.fi a écrit :
> > One example that strikes me is the c172p, though I'm biased as one of
the
> > maintainers of the aircraft, and it is rated accurately according to
> > your criteria :)
>
> Compared with, say, the A-10, the F-14b or the Tu-154b (which is not in
> the GIT repository) - how would you rate the c172p cockpit? Would you say
> that it has the same quality, would you say that it is better or worse?

Hi,

I am not fully aware with such talk, so my answer could be out of your
target.

A cockpit must be close to the real one, instrument position, and
functionality ( i have read from Mr Martin Spott and Mr Vivian Meazza a
similar opinion ) .
The instruments must be readable, nothing else, no additional , suppose to
be,
eye candy artifact which would be unacceptable on a real aircraft. Yes, we
can
accept flat instrument.
We can notice some instruments on some models which are crazy and
unrealistic,
yes eye candy, but unusable.  And i am not talking about the stupid
indications which could be given.
Does Flightgear is a simulator or a Van Gogh painting ?

The c172p is to me the first , since it it is validated by real pilot , and
probably the Tu-154b.

May be the A-10 and F-14b are right, may be not , as long a pilot did not
say
yes it is OK.

Please don't fall in the MSFS policy, when the eye candy is the main
approach.

I hope i didn't hurt anybody  with my answer, in case of, i apologize.

Thanks for your work.

Alva