On 12/23/2010 04:58 PM, Dave L wrote:
> If you can email me the words and script that would be great.  It took quite
> a long time to index all the words when I did the original recording - this
> should be a lot quicker.

I put up a little care package at
  http://www.av8n.com/festival/

The scripts are not very Muggle-friendly ... but they're a lot
easier than recording a few thousand snippets by hand.

Hint:
   ATIS_ONLY=yes  FG_ROOT=whatever  ./list-airports | ./words_per_line >
atis.list
   FG_ROOT=whatever  ./atis-lex >> atis.list
   ./synth.pl atis.list default.vce default.wav
   ./voice.pl -         # to test it

Hint:
  ./synth.pl -h

Hint:
  I recently pushed some more upgrades to
    http://gitorious.org/~jsd/fg/sport-model/commits/atis

================

This is way better than nothing, and is needed in the short run,
but in the medium-long run a reliable realtime synthesis system
is needed.

=================

While we are on the subject, it would be great if somebody would
figure out how to integrate all the ATC stuff with the multiplayer
stuff, so that everybody on the same frequency would hear the
same transmissions.

As I see it, if there are N players, there need to be N+1 processes,
namely one for each player plus one for the "ambiance".  The ambiance
includes not just things controllers say but also ATIS/AWOS, pilot
controlled lighting, etc. etc. etc.

It would be super-cool to have one player turn on the pilot controlled
lighting and then have *all* the players see the lights come on.

ATIS and runway lighting are also tied up with the more general
concept of runway-in-use, which interacts with reversible ILS.
Right now FG allows simultaneous approaches to both ends of a
reversible ILS, which is just ludicrous from the radio-physics
viewpoint as well as the pilot's operational viewpoint.  The
patch to do something sensible with reversible ILSs has been
available for a couple of years.  !00% of the pilots who have
commented on it consider it an improvement.
  http://gitorious.org/~jsd/fg/sport-model/commits/navaid-repairs/