On Friday, January 21, 2011 05:25:27 am Alan Teeder wrote:
> [...]

This was confusing for me at first.  What I have done is to use --fg-aircraft
to point to the specific aircraft I am developing so that it pulls everything
from $fg-root except for the one aircraft in $fg-aircraft.

So on my linux box I have the following settings in fgrun

--fg-root=/usr/share/games/FlightGear
--fg-scenery=/usr/share/games/FlightGear/Screnery
--fg-aircraft=/home/heng/Sources/my-fgdata/Aircraft/p51d

With this setup only the p51d stuff comes from $fg-aircraft and all other
aircraft and shared files are pulled from $fg-root.   This allows me to keep
everything in sync with the GIT fgdata main line in $fg-root so that I don't
have to worry about anything in my development clone other than the aircraft I
am working on.  Isn't this how this is intended to work?

Hal