Hi,

>To throw something into the mix here: >I've actually got experience of dealing
>with RedBull regarding the use of their logos and IP >in Flight Simulation.
>Several years ago I contacted them for an old Payware project and they were
>most >supportive, provided an email stating that as long as nowhere we claimed
>that they >endorsed the product then they saw it all as good publicity.
According to many RC-forums, they don't do this anymore as they licenced their
stuff to Third parties. So if a single, simple man wants to paint his aircraft
into RD-colors, he is in the risk to be sued. But your example shows one
special thing: ask, and wait to see what they say.
>I'm sure they'd do something similar here, as would many companies.
No as they licences their logos and colors to certain third parties. If you
don't belong to them: Good Luck!
>In fact there is only two companies that I'm aware of, who have caused issues
>in the FS >community, that was a large American airline who requested a VA
>stop using their name, >and got quite aggressive about it, and a well known
>Bizjet manufacturer who flatly refuse to >grant any permission for any of
>their aircraft to be represented, and will go to great lengths >to stop people
>making a product out of it.
No, regarding VA's several airlines and companies more: Lufthansa, AirBerlin,
ADAC, DRF...
But Condor, REGA and some others gave permission under certain circumstances.
>There's lots of history of probably most Aviation related companies being
>contacted by >FlightSimulation enthusiasts/3rd party developers/ etc over the
>past few years and getting >very positive results for doing so, in some cases
>huge gains as well.
Yep, but depends on. I still wait for an answer by Eurocopter and Erricson
AirCrane.On the other side The developer of the AutoGyro Hornet even gave us a
3d-model right of his CAD-program.... ;-)

Heiko