On 24.03.2011 23:54, Robert wrote:
> As you can see Nasal scripts aren't used at all.
No, there are several generic Nasal scripts loaded independently of any
aircraft configuration files.
I checked my system and saw timers from the "mp_broadcast.nas" (which is
also active when MP is disabled), wildfire.nas and several others. You
also need to disable all scripts in "fgdata/Nasal" to get rid of all
Nasal timers.

Also, I had a brief look at exactly which Nasal timers caused a jitter.
And the winner is...
... well, any. Any Nasal timer, even if it's almost empty, will every
now and then consume a much larger amount of time than normal.
Seems to be a general issue with the Nasal execution engine: could be
triggered by Nasal's garbage collector, which every now and then needs
to do extra work - and runs within the context of a normal Nasal call.
It could also be a result of Nasal's critical sections: other threads
may acquire a temporary lock to alter Nasal data structures - which may
block the execution of Nasal timers at certain points. Hmm... Best
practices for debugging a multi-threaded program anyone? :)

Concerning the frequency of the jitter: I guess it isn't related to the
FDM at all. It's probably just a result of Nasal complexity. The more
Nasal code is running, the more often/likely garbage collection /
blocking may occur. Frame rate may also influce it: many Nasal timers
run at delay 0 (in every update loop).

cheers,
Thorsten