I am also interested in this and since nobody replied yet I am starting
the discussion by bringing up my personal experiences:

OpenAL-Soft/libopenal:
AFAIK at least version 1.11.753 is needed to have all features (like
doppler), though older versions may work as well.

plib:
Version 1.8.6. Why and how to obtain it can be found here [1]. Pretty
old but still up to date, as far as I know.

OpenSceneGraph:
My personal experience, which includes some testing of different
versions, is that 2.9.10 works best here. At later versions the
osgText-bug is fixed which causes FG to have a bug.
The oldest version I've tested was 2.8.3 with which I got random seg
faults in FG quite often. The latest stable release 2.8.5 was *not*
tested, this would be an option.

I am using system:
Linux 2.6.39.1 #2 SMP x86_64 GNU/Linux Debian Stable/Squeeze
ATI Technologies Inc RS880 [Radeon HD 4200]
Driver: fglrx, mostly latest version, 11.6 atm (11.1/11.2 during
testing, IIRC)

[1]
http://www.mail-archive.com/flightgear-devel@lists.sourceforge.net/msg21059.html

Alex