Hi All,

I've been trying to fix bug 340
(http://code.google.com/p/flightgear-bugs/issues/detail?id=340), where
the VS KAP140 display in the c172p mysteriously stopped working about
a month ago.

To fix it partially, I've created a new AP filter converting from the
pressure-rate-target to a fpm value, and then using this with
textranslate animations to display the correct digits in the display.

The animation code is pretty trivial (this example is used to display the 1s:

<animation>
    <type>textranslate</type>
    <object-name>vs-digit5</object-name>
    <property>/autopilot/KAP140/settings/target-pressure-rate-fpm</property>
    <factor>0.1</factor>
    <step>0.1</step>
    <axis>
      <x>1</x>
      <y>0</y>
      <z>0</z>
    </axis>
</animation>

This all works fine, except for the 1000s digit, which has the
following animation fragment:

  <animation>
    <type>textranslate</type>
    <object-name>vs-digit2</object-name>
    <property>/autopilot/KAP140/settings/target-pressure-rate-fpm</property>
    <factor>0.0001</factor>
    <step>0.1</step>
    <axis>
      <x>1</x>
      <y>0</y>
      <z>0</z>
    </axis>
  </animation>

For some reason, the <step> tag is being completely ignored, so the
texture scrolls across the display.

If you want to see for yourself, load up the c172p, press the "AP"
button on the autopilot, then "up" a couple of times.

I've had a look at the animation.cxx code for textranslate, and I
can't see anything obviously wrong there.

Anyone got any ideas?

-Stuart