On Mon, 12 Sep 2011 06:50:18 -0500
Curtis Olson <curtol...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Indeed, telling cmake you would like a release build seems to improve the
> performance of the executable dramatically.  I suppose it is good to ask
> dumb questions once in a while so this basic information can get in the
> archives and become google-able.

Also worth pointing out is that if you choose a RelWithDebInfo build for OSG or
SG and don't specify a null RelWithDebInfo postfix (which is what one of
Matthias' lines does

>        -D CMAKE_RELWITHDEBINFO_POSTFIX=""

)

then the SG and FG builds will fail unless you also point them to every
individual OSG and SG lib required.  By default the generated libs will have
-rd (IIRC) appended to their names which confuses things.

Thanks to Anders for clearing up that mystery for me the other day!

AJ