> One question for the release managers: Do performance improvements such as
> these count as bug fixes or features? Should we try to get this into
> the 2.6.0 release,
> or wait until 2.8.0?

For me, 3d clouds are currently mostly unusable. If this cures the
issue, I'd call it a fix. However, the feature-freeze is for preparing a
mostly stable (not necessarily perfect) codebase, so please decide yourself:

Does it need extensive testing?
Does it interfere with other systems?
Does it have the potential to raise additional issues?
Does it have the potential to endanger the release schedule?
What do you think?

If you feel OK, so do I.

Torsten

Learn Windows Azure Live!  Tuesday, Dec 13, 2011