Fred,

On Sunday, December 18, 2011 10:18:39 Frederic Bouvier wrote:
> Your patronage will be welcome.

Ok.
My problem is that I have too many open projects currently. So, promising to
help here is something I cannot do today. But Sure, if you have questions feel
free to ask. But I currently cannot invest much concrete work into this.

I will in any case come back to you and this changes for fgviewer. This was
the code where I wanted to introduce a different fog/sky algorithm that will
decouple the atmospehric computations from the actual models. This is also
something that requires rendering the actual scene into a set of fbos and was
thought as a prework for what you are doing now. But I am completely happy
with an other approach. I just see that we will need this kind of stuff.

So, may be just one question for what you have done already again without
looking into any code:

You do not require float textures?
As far as I can see, there is a patent issue on this extension and usually
this is not strictly required.
Using a fixed point representation that makes use of the usual depth buffer -
one that scales differently than the usualy perspective depth - could be used
instead and I think we should use this in the end. In the end this really
gives even better accuracy than a float representation since floats waste some
bits for the expontent, where a fixed point representation could just use all
the bits for accuracy.

Appart from that:

merry christmas!

Mathias