On Thursday 19 January 2012 00:14:34 Torsten Dreyer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> due to a bug in weather-utility.nas, the wave shader properties were
> stuck at a constant value for wind-speed zero.
> There was more unfortunate code in that file, so I refactored it as
> xml based property rule. This is the relevant commit:
> http://gitorious.org/fg/fgdata/commit/9b2e72e12d9a07b58d513c688a078f4fce3867
> 81
>
> The computation of the properties for the wave shader and the snow line
> now live in FGDATA/Environment/interpolator.xml and
> FGDATA/Environment/metarinterpolator.xml
>
> Please check if the waves now correctly react to the wind and if the
> snow cover is right.
>
> If everything is OK, this should go into release/2.6.0, too.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Torsten
Hi,

So far it seems to be working over here, will test more thoroughly today.

I had another question, could the wind vectors reported to the shader be
interpolated on a longer (10x - 20x or so) time frame, or could they be
updated only once a given time (1 minute or so)?

I ask this in an attempt to cure the fast moving waves effect that happens
each time METAR gets updated.

Greetings,

Emilian