Am 31.01.2012 05:33, schrieb Geoff Carlson:
> Greetings,
>
> I am currently working with FlightGear in an academic setting,
> researching flight simulators for a senior design project. My team would
> like to find a way to view the environment simulation and the
> instruments one might find in the cockpit on two separate monitors. I
> was wondering if this functionality already exists in FlightGear or if
> someone could point me in the right direction of how to accomplish this
> goal.
>
> Thank you for your time,
> Geoff

Hi Geoff,

yes - that's all inclusive ;-)

There is the standalone fgpanel utility for the panel display:
http://wiki.flightgear.org/FGPanel

There is multi-monitor support
$FGSRC/docs-mini/README.multiscreen

All linked together might look like this:
http://wiki.flightgear.org/File:LinuxTag2011_LargeSetup.jpg

Hope this helps

Torsten