Hi All,

I've created a distinct Port/Industrial material type. Before I commit it,
I'd like to propose a more significant refactoring of the materials files.

At present, we have two files that contain lots of duplication. E.g.
- The runway effect is used by 93 different materials in exactly the same way
- As we have both winter and summer textures, and use the same random object
assignments in both the png and dds variants, any change to a set of
random objects
has to be duplicated 4 times, leading to copy-and-paste errors.
- The files are now very long and difficult to navigate.

I've been refactoring the files leveraging the existing "include"
attribute of a property node
to load in a separate xml file. This means that the two materials
files can refer to a
common base file, and instead of duplicating object groups, I can simply use an
"include" to reference a common snippet of XML.

So far, this has worked well, and I've uncovered a number of
inconsistencies between
the files that I've fixed as I've gone along.

The end result is that I'd like to do the following:
- Create a new Materials directory under fgdata
- Move materials-dds.xml and materials.xml into it
- Create a new Materials/materials-base.xml file containing material
definitions common
to both materials files.
- Create a number of small xml "snippets", mainly for random object
definitions, e.g.
urban-buildings.xml which will contain the random object definitions
for Urban areas.

Any objections to this?

On advantage of this approach is that it should make it easier to create more
geographically-specific material definitions, should we enhance the
landclass types
in the scenery database.

-Stuart