Dear Martin,

I disagree that you "sign a contract" when looking at printed maps. You
cannot establish a contract by stating: "by looking at this map, you
agree to X Y and Z".

However, at least in Germany where the original question came from,
there are separate laws protecting Geodata from reuse, with no contract
needed. I pointed this out in

http://www.flightgear.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15711&p=153049#p153049

Cheers,
Johannes