> just a quick note to this interesting thread ...
> its elsif in nasal , not elseif ... no e

Thanks. That would explain it ;-)

> I hope you're not suggesting that C++ is always slower than Nasal? :-)

Pascal summarized it nicely - we already have ported the important stuff to
C++, so what remains in Nasal is a small fraction of the total performance cost
and we gain little as such by porting that as well. I'm sure the loop computes
even faster in C++, but I don't have the means to measure that. It'd be
intersting though to see how much the difference actually is.

* Thorsten