On 23 Nov 2012, at 13:47, Adrian Musceac wrote:

> Ok, here is a comparison using the classic navradio code before and after
> adding radio propagation calculations:

Suggestion: make a runtime switch, to build the 'new' nav-radio when the old
one is asked for - this can be done via some logic in the instrument manager.
This of course assumes the visible interface, i.e read / written properties,
for the new code matches the old, possibly by adding some backwards
compatibility properties.

(Switch would be a bool prop like /sim/radios/use-new-radios)

If there's a problem making the new code fit the old property API, then you
have a bigger issue, but updating all the aircraft XML seems ridiculous - the
current code exposes some slightly strange properties, but emulating them in
the new code should not be a problem. So, make it a drop-in replacement, and
make the drop-in automatic via an option. For the current release, we'll leave
the default as the old code, and after the release is out, flip the default to
be the new code, for testing by Git users.

Comments?

James