Hi all,

I just wanted to let everyone know here that I created a PPA for
FlightGear on Launchpad and have compiled and uploaded FlightGear 2.10.0
for Oneiric and above. Unfortunately, the fgfs-base isn't available at
the moment, so users will have to download that separately. The link to
the PPA itself is
https://launchpad.net/~saiarcot895/+archive/flightgear. Users can follow
the following steps to use the PPA and flightgear:

 1. Add ppa:saiarcot895/flightgear to their list of sources, either
    using Software Sources or "sudo add-apt-repository
    ppa:saiarcot895/flightgear".
 2. Do an update using "apt-get update".
 3. Either use Synaptic to install FlightGear or do "sudo apt-get
    install flightgear". Both will automatically install SimGear as well.

I've installed the version I uploaded and things seem to be running
well. I have encountered two problems so far. One is that I don't see
any AI aircraft, but I'm not sure if that's just me or if it's a bug.
Another is that some patches of terrain are dark, but as I get closer,
they turn light and can be seen again. I'm on an Intel GPU, so I'm not
sure if it's because of that.

Anyways, I've uploaded some screenshots from 2.10.0 here
<https://picasaweb.google.com/103387392510447269112/FlightGear2100?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCKXaocKSqp2G_wE&feat=directlink>
(the black plane is, I'm assuming, a GPU bug since 2.8.0).

--
Saikrishna Arcot