Hi Saikrishna,

Is there a top level link I can point people to from the main flightgear
download page?  I'm not personally familiar with launchpad or the 'ppa'
acronym.  I'd love to keep the entry on the flightgear page as concise as
possible.  Is there a particular distribution this applies to?

Thanks,

Curt.

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 5:12 AM, Saikrishna Arcot <saiarcot...@gmail.com>wrote:

>  Hi all,
>
> I just wanted to let everyone know here that I created a PPA for
> FlightGear on Launchpad and have compiled and uploaded FlightGear 2.10.0
> for Oneiric and above. Unfortunately, the fgfs-base isn't available at the
> moment, so users will have to download that separately. The link to the PPA
> itself is
> https://launchpad.net/~saiarcot895/+archive/flightgear<https://launchpad.net/%7Esaiarcot895/+archive/flightgear>.
> Users can follow the following steps to use the PPA and flightgear:
>
>    1. Add ppa:saiarcot895/flightgear to their list of sources, either
>    using Software Sources or "sudo add-apt-repository
>    ppa:saiarcot895/flightgear".
>    2. Do an update using "apt-get update".
>    3. Either use Synaptic to install FlightGear or do "sudo apt-get
>    install flightgear". Both will automatically install SimGear as well.
>
> I've installed the version I uploaded and things seem to be running well.
> I have encountered two problems so far. One is that I don't see any AI
> aircraft, but I'm not sure if that's just me or if it's a bug. Another is
> that some patches of terrain are dark, but as I get closer, they turn light
> and can be seen again. I'm on an Intel GPU, so I'm not sure if it's because
> of that.
>  Anyways, I've uploaded some screenshots from 2.10.0
> here<https://picasaweb.google.com/103387392510447269112/FlightGear2100?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCKXaocKSqp2G_wE&feat=directlink>(the
>  black plane is, I'm assuming, a GPU bug since 2.8.0).
>
> --
> Saikrishna Arcot

> is your hub for all things parallel software development, from weekly
> thought
> leadership blogs to news, videos, case studies, tutorials, tech docs,
> whitepapers, evaluation guides, and opinion stories. Check out the most
> recent posts - join the conversation now.
> http://goparallel.sourceforge.net/

Curtis Olson:
http://www.atiak.com - http://aem.umn.edu/~uav/
http://www.flightgear.org - http://gallinazo.flightgear.org