On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 8:27 AM, James Turner wrote:
> Just to say, Thorsten has in this case saved me writing an email, thanks.
>
> To re-iterate - GPU VRAM is a precious commodity, so we should spend it on
> texels you can actually see.

One further point to make is that we do have the AI/Aircraft directory
specifically
used for low-poly/resolution models.

So, if there are specific aircraft that are causing problems, arguably
the correct
way to resolve them is to create an AI version.  This would be quite a good
task for someone wanting to get to grips with modeling, as it's easier to remove
things than add them.

Perhaps we should mandate that aircraft over a certain size should have an AI
version created?

-Stuart