I'm not trying to convince anyone to use hi-res liveries.  But several
people reported that hi-res aircrafts break fps in MP, and downscaling
liveries solves the problem (and this follows from Stuart's email).  But if
mipmap _is_ applied to liveries, then why we have to have lo-res liveries
separately?  Won't one of mipmap levels do the same?  Note that people
complain about fps drop, not some load delay or space issues.

Could it be that livery textures follow another execution path and mipmap
isn't applied to them after all (mipmapping doesn't happen in GPU unless
you explicitly request it)?

--
  Tomash Brechko