Hi Syd,
I'm using FGv098a (can't get 099 to run but that's a separate problem) so shadows aren't really an issue. Transperancy would be great looking through from the runway to see roads, ocean etc I am gathering following the terrain around an airport might be a problem. Maybe a compromise, only use the fence on even or evenly sloping (skew) terrain.

Whadda ya think?

Dene

dene maxwell wrote:

Hi Syd,

Getting a pic of a wire-mesh texture is not a problem in NZ ( we invented Hurricane wire fencing!!).

Does AC3D format support transparent/opaque appearances that would allow wire-mesh fences to behave (lighting/shadows etc) realistically?

Regards
Dene

Hi Dene , transparency is supported , but it would cast the polygon shadow, not the wire mesh texture. As far as I know , anyway. You can set transparent objects to cast no shadows , probably ok for a wire mesh fence , but it sounds like you prefer a more detailed option.I'll have to put my CYVR buildings back into the scenery and do some checking.
Cheers,

Syd