On Tuesday 13 December 2005 21:26, Durk Talsma wrote:
> The main disadvantage is that they come without force-feedback, but the
> advantages far outweigh the disadvantages, IMHO

The problem is that most rudder pedal setups battle as is to stay put.
A proper force feedback system that can simulate a total hydraulic failure in
a 737 would require both the pedals and your chair to be bolted to the floor
and those plastic pedals certainly wouldn't stand up to that sort of force.
Even a few kilograms of force would require some proper fixtures.

And the cost of servo motors and circuitry put the price up something
horrible. Even proper force feedback sticks cost a lot more and I'm not
referring to those joysticks that "vibrate" but are also labeled force
feedback.
I think the imagination is always going to be a lot cheaper.

Paul