* LeeE -- Friday 21 December 2007:
> In short, the energy marker and energy worm, when used together,
> show if an aircraft can sustain KIAS or mach in a climb and I find
> them invaluable while tuning aircraft fdm configs.

This should work in the new HUD just like in the old one. The "new"
one is only rewritten to 40 or 50%. Almost all features were kept.
What doesn't work at the moment is ladder bars as used in the f16.
(This worked, but adaptations for the NTPS HUD broke it. Needs to
be made configurable. Easy fix.)

Some things only have to be done differently. There's no more support
for switching units (imperial <-> SI). But that can be emulated with
two entries with mutually exclusive condition. And the waypoint list
has changed a bit.

> When they're available in the new hud I'll be perfectly happy to say
> goodbye to the old one:)

I assume that you don't have to redo all of them, but just need one
that's then usable for all your aircraft. It would probably be better
to put that one into $FG_ROOT/Huds/.

m.