On Friday 21 December 2007 11:51, Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> * LeeE -- Friday 21 December 2007:
> > I've not had a chance to look at the 'new' huds yet but do they
> > support/include all of the features in the old huds?
>
> Pretty much, yes. And more.
>
> > (line 369: remove the test on ilcanclaw)
>
> Removing a check shouldn't be hard to do.  :-)
>
> > I would be very unhappy if the old hud is removed before all of
> > it's features are implemented in the new hud.
>
> You'll be unhappy in any case, as you are the main user of
> depreciated old custom HUDs.  ;-)
>
> I just added a depreciation warning for all such custom HUDs in
> fg/osg. But there's still enough time before the old HUD gets
> removed. I'll probably not do that before the PLIB release series
> is really finished, and there might be a v1.1 (and more) before
> we have the first OSG release.
>
> m.
>

> PS: my original message was correct. It was the follow-up message
>     ("Bah, disregard. I was misled by a bad diff command and
> hadn't looked closely.") that was nonsense. I had looked at the
> fg/osg diff ...

Heh - the reason I'm probably the main user of the deprecated old
custom huds is because of those two energy monitoring features.
Because the energy worm, at least, needs that hack to work, I doubt
anyone else ever sees them - lol.

In short, the energy marker and energy worm, when used together,
show if an aircraft can sustain KIAS or mach in a climb and I find
them invaluable while tuning aircraft fdm configs.

When they're available in the new hud I'll be perfectly happy to say
goodbye to the old one:)

LeeE