On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 11:19 AM, Joe Alcala <joealcala...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My name is Joe and I have had flightgear installed on my computer since
> 2.0 was out. I currently have a Windows 7 PC but my computer seems to run
> really slow no matter what my graphic settings are. I don't use the 3d
> clouds, i have my display set to 600x800, i don't know how much lower
> quality i can go....
>
> If you have any ideas as to what i can do, please let me know...thanks :)

It's hard to say and could depend a lot on your specific hardware and
circumstances.  But a good general starting point is to go out to your
video card manufacturers web site (not microsoft) and download/install the
latest video drivers for your card (or chipset.)  This can cure a lot of
ills for a lot of people because the default windows video drivers direct
from Microsoft often aren't optimized opengl very well.  FlightGear uses
opengl as it's core 3d graphics library because it is well supported across
many different platforms.

Hope that helps,

Curt.
--