Hi Donn,

You can see from the error message that flightgear is looking in
/usr/local/lib/FlightGear, so whatever you thought you did to point the
code at /usr/lib64/FlightGear-Data did not take.  For myself I just leave
the default and set the path in my ~/.fgfsrc file like so (using your
desired path for the example):

--fg-root=/usr/lib64/FlightGear-Data

I don't know about opensuse, but if you just install "boost" or
"boost-devel" it will probably pull in the other parts as dependencies.
 (I'm guessing, your mileage of course may vary ...)

Regards,

Curt.

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 6:08 PM, Donn Washburn <n5...@comcast.net> wrote:

> I have downloaded the cvs/git version of flightgear and Its data.
>
> I get an error as it comes up
>
> onn@m1l-suse:~/Documents> fgfs
> ERROR: The path '/usr/local/lib/FlightGear' does not exist in the file
> system.
>

> Base package check failed:
>    Version [none] found at: /usr/local/lib/FlightGear
>    Version 2.9.0 is required.
> Please upgrade/downgrade base package and set the path to your fgdata
> with --fg-root=path_to_your_fgdata
>
> Any ideas!
>
> I did assign it using "ccmake" in /usr/lib64/FlightGear-Data it did decide
> to show it looking for /usr/local
>
> --
>

> 73 de Donn Washburn
> 1803 Oaklawn  Email <n5...@comcast.net>
> Sugar Land, TX 77498-2249  LL# 1.281.242.4807
> Ham Callsign N5XWB   HAMs : <n5...@arrl.net>
> VoIP via Skype:n5xwbg  BMWMOA #:4146 Ambassador
>        " http://counter.li.org " #279316

Curtis Olson:
http://www.atiak.com - http://aem.umn.edu/~uav/
http://www.flightgear.org - http://gallinazo.flightgear.org