> Well, I'm wondering just now how to grab an overall view of
> my graphs, as I am a fltk/fluid beginner, until now I just
> focused on getting the visualization done.
> Now my thesis project is finishing and I realize I need an
> overall visualization of my graphs...
> My purpose is to save such a graph to a gif/png (I'm
> realizing that fltk has tools just to read image files, but
> not to write them, so I need to look for a third party free
> library I guess)

Libpng is distributed with the fltk tarball, so I would suggest to use
that. There are no fltk wrappers for *writing* PNG files but it is
actually easy to use, and the docs in the PNG folder do a fair job of
outlining what is required.

Basically, if you can get a pointer to a byte array that is the pixel
data for your scene, you are pretty much good to go.

> so speed is not a big issue while resolution
> could be: I'd like to preserve the details, therefore I think
> I shouldn't zoom out. If my panel has size h by w, I think a
> bitmap of the same h by w would be fine.

PNG is lossless and does a passable job of compressing GUI type scenes
(lots of blocks in the same colour compress fairly well) so it is
preferred for screen grabs.
I tend to shy away from jpeg as it is lossy, and tends to introduce
artefacts into the grabbed image if there are large blocks of constant
colour. It may do a better job of compressing the scene though.

> Thanx, I will look into the fl_offscreen; are there any
> examples/code snippets here on the site?

There should be examples in the list archives - I'm fairly sure I posted
some, and there were others. What search teram to use to find them
though, I do not know!

SELEX Sensors and Airborne Systems Limited
Registered Office: Sigma House, Christopher Martin Road, Basildon, Essex SS14
3EL
A company registered in England & Wales.  Company no. 02426132