> I have found some problems with the file chooser on AIX and NetBSD
> operating systems and opened STR #2935 with a patch to fix them:
> Selecting "File systems" from the menu shows either nothing (not even
> the root filesystem on AIX) or many entries that make no sense or are
> not available (like swap partitions on NetBSD).
>
> The problem is that the method 'Fl_File_Browser::load()' can't
> determine
> the mount points correctly. Unfortunately there seems to be no portable
> way to get this information, therefore I have added special handling
> code inside '#ifdef' for both cases.
> Up to here the first part should not affect other operating systems at
> all.
>
> In addition the patch adds a general default section to show at least
> the root filesystems if all other options have failed (and show the
> root
> filesystem consistenly as "/" on all Unix systems).
> This second part may affect other operating systems but is completely
> independent from the first part.
>
> Is this patch acceptable?

Hi Micha,

The patch looks OK for the most part, though I have a few small comments; note
also I have neither a AIX nor BSD system to actually test on, so this is just
inspections really!

- The code doesn't seem to quite match the supposed fltk coding style, see:
http://www.fltk.org/cmp.php#CS_GENERAL_CODING_STYLE
for more guidelines.
(I confess this is often an issue for me, the fltk style is not my default
style...)

- Is there a possibility that the AIX branch can call "free((void *) list);"
even if list has not been malloc'd? Would it be bad if it did?

- This is a nit-pick of mine, but I prefer:

    if (strcmp("/", filename) != 0)

instead of

    if (strcmp("/", filename))

simply because it reminds me that strcmp returns 0 for a match... I doubt most
people care about that though!

Cheers,
--
Ian

Selex ES Ltd
Registered Office: Sigma House, Christopher Martin Road, Basildon, Essex SS14
3EL
A company registered in England & Wales.  Company no. 02426132