Hi,

> time. I envisioned using midi (.mid)  files in an "add and pass" manner
> (somewhat akin to a mail-art collage or collaborative artist's book but with
> sound). For example each of us could choose an instrument  so if there were
> 3 people we could have a drummer, a bassist and a pianist( we need to define
> who plays what in order to create a proper band structure although people
> could play different instruments on different tunes)The drummer could begin
> everything by laying down a drum track (using general midi sounds on channel
> 10) in a suitable sequencer then saving that drum track as a .mid file and
> e-mailing it to the bassist who opens the file in his or her sequencer and
> adds the baseline then saves the new .mid file (drums and bass) and e-mails
> it to the pianist etc. etc.

Things like that are allready done or tried on a "professionel" level.
There was once somebody in comp.music.midi (?) with a studio and
Philipine singers, who wanted to produce stuff for Philipine discos.
Looking for basic tracks...............

But I dont understand, why you suggest putting things onto mp3.com. Why
support such "portals" ? "Label fetishism" ? ;-)

Heiko