On Apr 22, 2006, at 1:28 PM, Allan Revich wrote:

I remember when I was 20 or 21 I took a whole series, maybe more that a dozen paintings, each 4 feet by four feet, and burned them in the family
fireplace. It felt good and I have never regretted it.

There felt something vengeful about my act. Maybe spiteful. Confused and angry. There was catharsis, but then it was as though it had never happened, what was the point? Attention directed away from the stuff to the stuff-maker, objects annulled, repudiated, renounced (in Cecil's act) formally and publicly. But immediate regret, I had been attached to said objects made when I was all of ten, but special, hadn't really wanted to destroy them, just to no longer consider them as important.

I made these same time, but they didn't get swept away. I'm glad they didn't.
http://kforer.com/gallery/?album=figurative_narrative&img=6
It could be that I've pursued only archaeology since that first regret, or it could be that's the basis of what I do, make, destroy, extract narrative, recreate.