Hi, I'm Tom and this is my first posting to folding boats.
I've thought about hemp canvas for the skin and also thought about using
kudzu for he frame. I mean if it could be steam bent or forcibly trained to
grow straight. I don't know if it's doable or not but it sounds nice. To be
able to use an alternative material for the skin, and a pest plant as the
frame and come out with something functional and artistic can't be bad. I
guess if there was some way to preserve the kudzu in an environmentally sound
way, who knows what could happen.