I bought a sheet of 6mm plywood from CLC.  The frame,
when complete, will resemble a traditional Greenland
style frame.  The gunwales will look like an I-beam
with the plwood serving as the core and yellow cedar
strips at the corners (except for the top inside edge
which will have a beefier strip of ash to support the
deck beams).

The frame will be assembled in two halves (each half
consisting of six gunwale segments).  Once the
gunwales are assembled and the deck beams installed,
the ribs (steamed y. cedar or ash) will be inserted
into mortised areas of the gunwales, followed by the
installation of the two chines and the keelson.  The
two halves will be inserted into the skin and
longitudinal tension will be placed on the frame so
that the last two gunwales pieces may be installed.
>From there, if lateral tension is required, I'll
install low volume sponsons.

I like the idea Pouch uses on it stern seam.  I think
I'll try to pursue that idea instead of the zipper.

Lew Crenshaw