Pascal J. Bourguignon wrote:
John Zabroski <johnzabro...@gmail.com> writes:

Sorry, you did not answer my question, but instead presented excuses
for why programmers misunderstand people.  (Can I paraphrase your
thoughts as, "Because people are not programmers!")
No, you misunderstood my answer:
"Because people don't pay programmers enough."

I think that might be an inaccurate statement in two regards:

- programmers make VERY good money, at least in some fields (if you know where to find good, cheap coders, in the US, let me know where)

- (a lot of programmers) do NOT have a particularly user-focused mindset (just ask a C coder what they think of Hypercard - you'll get all kinds of answers about why end-users can't do any useful; despite a really long track record of good stuff written in Hypercard, particularly by educators)

Note: This is irrelevant vis-a-vis Jon's question, however. The answer to why he can't find easy ways to upload files, is because he isn't looking.

Miles