There is more to the DIS (Distributed *Interactive* Simulation) than I
originally thought.  I found this in the X3D standard:
http://www.web3d.org/files/specifications/19775-1/V3.3/Part01/components/dis.html
if
one can set up isNetworkWriter, it would seem like anything on the network
would be writable by that node.

I understand the attraction for using encryption on streams of data for
efficiency reasons.  Can one compare E vats http://erights.org/ to DIS?

Sorry if I keep bothering people.  Sometimes the best way for me to learn
is start a conversation.

John